School Social Worker
About the Social Worker
Hi everyone! My name is Ms. Hatala. I am the social worker at Indian River Charter High School. I started at IRCHS in January 2020. I have my Bachelors degree in Psychology from the University of Florida and Masters in Social work from University of Central Florida. I have worked in the community as a mental health counselor for kids and adolescents prior to coming to Indian River Charter High School. I look forward to working with you all this upcoming school year.
- Individual meetings with students
- Provide Support
- Problem solve
- Set goals & Increase motivation
- Help managing feelings
- Help students adjust to new environments
- Teach ways to cope with stress
- Community resource referrals
- Encourage and Advocate for students
- Meetings with parents, as needed
- Provide mental health education to all students
- & More
Contact the Social Worker
Location: Room 307
Phone: 772-567-6600 Ext 1125
Feel free to stop by my office or email for an appointment.
Also if you are learning virtually, please email me if you would like to set up a virtual session.