About Indian River Charter High School
The mission of Indian River Charter High School is to give its students the opportunity to develop a new set of competencies and foundational skills that will help them to enjoy a productive, full, and satisfying life.
This school will be a high-performance organization.
The Shared Beliefs of Indian River Charter High School
* Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
* A student’s self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
* Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches and a staff that provides continual encouragement to support their development.
* Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
* Schools need to challenge students to build honorable and ethical lives.
* Students need to research vocational options and begin a process of actively planning their future.
* A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
* The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident, self- directed, lifelong learners.