Dual Enrollment at IRSC
The Indian River State College Dual Enrollment program allows eligible public, charter, private, and home education students to simultaneously earn high school credit (toward their high school diploma) and credit toward an Associate Degree or career training certificate for an eligible course.
Through IRSC Dual Enrollment, eligible students get a jump on college, saving time and money. Dual Enrollment students are exempt from application fees, tuition, and laboratory fees. Public, charter, and home school students receive required textbooks at no charge. Textbook requests must be placed with Mr. Colon!
- It is highly recommended and encouraged that current Dual Enrollment students schedule an appointment with their IRSC Academic Advisor before spring registration begins. This is the student’s responsibility to make the appointment. Students should check their MyPioneerPortal to confirm who their IRSC Academic Advisor is and make an appointment with that person.
- Appointments are available during normal business hours between September 1 – October 10.
Click here to make an appointment with an IRSC academic advisor!
- Students will discuss their overall academic goals at these meetings and complete an academic plan (guided pathway) for their DE courses. These appointments are NOT available once registration begins, so these meetings must be made before October 10th.
- All students are required to meet with their high school counselors each semester regarding their Dual Enrollment intentions.
Please see important timeline information:
Spring registration begins: October 17, 2022
- Students can complete the registration via their Pioneer Portal, in person, or virtually during normal business hours. Please plan ahead and find a time to make this happen before the registration deadline. Please remember that the college is closed from November 21-25 for Thanksgiving Break.
Spring registration ends: December 9, 2022
- Student schedules will be locked that night, and no other changes will be made to spring schedules.
If you are new to Dual Enrollment, your application must be completed by December 5, so there is time to process it, approve you for DE, and allow you time to register for spring classes by the December 9 deadline. Click the button below to see the steps to prepare for SLS and dual enrollment.
Upcoming Dual Enrollment Information & Application Sessions:
IRSC Mueller (Vero Beach)Campus: Thursday, October 27 at 6:00 p.m.
For further details on Dual Enrollment, please visit: CLICK HERE.